Thursday, February 21, 2008

Caution: New Blog Under Construction

What is a blog anyway? Is it just a forum to express yourself? If so, I don't guess my thoughts and opinions are anything all that special and worthy of attention. So I don't plan to make this blog all about me and my thoughts and opinions. I guess there will be times when I'll have the occasional personal offerings, but I want to make this more worthwhile and helpful than that.

The world today is sorely lacking a respect for truth. I want to do what I can to direct people's hearts and minds to the truth. Society does not determine what the truth is. Jesus said the Word of God is truth (John 17:17). Now the common idea today is that everyone is entitled to his own opinion of truth. Yes, everyone is entitled to believe what he wants to believe, but believing what you want to believe does not mean that what you believe is true.

So I'll use this blog to discuss the eternal truth found in the Word of God. Hopefully what I decide to write will be beneficial and relevant. I hope you enjoy reading it from time to time.

No comments: